Our Cape Cod New Year’s Eve Guide is new today, December 31, 2016. We’ve listed celebrations of all kinds this year. There are non-alcoholic First Night events, champagne dinners, dances and all-inclusive dining/lodging/party packages from Sandwich to Provincetown. Here’s our list of places to do the big countdown, dance the night away or just to have a quiet romantic dinner.
Our guide covers the full range of offerings, from the simple to the extravagant, from P-town to Sandwich. We organize our listings by region like this:
- Outer Cape – Provincetown, Truro, Wellfleet, Eastham
- Lower Cape – Orleans, Chatham, Brewster, Harwich
- Mid Cape – Dennis, Yarmouth, Barnstable, Hyannis
- Upper Cape: Mashpee, Sandwich, Falmouth, Bourne
Featured Cape Cod New Year’s Eve Celebration
Quicks Hole Tavern in Woods Hole
Quicks Hole Tavern is offering one of our favorite dinners to kick off the new year. Their four-course dinner comes in at an amazingly low price of $55.00 per person and is being served on Friday, December 30 and Saturday, December 31, 2016. Dinner on both nights starts at 5:00 pm. It is one exceptionally enticing dinner that features a Quahog Chowder or Lobster Bisque, a Carmelized Pear Salad, Oysters Two Ways (one on the half shell with a strawberry and basil mignonette and another lightly broiled with fresh herbs, leeks, butter and garlic panko crumbs), and a Seafood Bouillabaisse with scallops, little neck clams, salmon, fennel, roasted tomatoes and leeks rouille, a Grilled Flat Iron Steak with pink peppercorn bearnaise. For dessert, they are offering a Lemon & Yuzu Creme Brulee or Baked Pears with Sauternes Custard and Gingerbread Cookies. You can also get the five-course dinner for $65.00. For more information and reservations, call 508-495-0048. See More.
Upper Cape Cod New Year’s Eve: Dinners, Dances, Concerts, & More
First Night Sandwich
First Night Sandwich celebrates its fifth year in 2017. The festivities begin at 4:00 pm on Saturday, December 31, 2016. This family-friendly event is a non-alcoholic celebration of the arts. Some of the performances include Mamadou, a 5 piece African band playing at town hall, The Green Briar Nature Center puppets at 1st Church, Woodhall/Jackson Folk Music at C.W.’s, Cape Cod Guitar Ensemble at Sandwich Glass Museum, Vernon Parris Steel Drums at the library, and the Highland Light Scottish Pipe Band at the Masonic Lodge.
There will also be ice sculptures, a children’s ice skating rink, lighted giants in the village and along Route 6A, children’s crafts, a fairy garden, and a Resolution Wall. The Reveler’s Parade starts at 8:00 pm. Lineup begins at 7:00 pm at Wing School. The parade route winds through town and ends up at First Church and Shawme Pond. The night ends with the fireworks display over the pond. The finale features the lighting of the giant sea creature sculptures, a cannon firing and a fireworks display on Shawme Pond.
First Night Sandwich buttons can be purchased at locations all over town. The buttons grant you admission to all of the night’s events. The cost is $10.00 each for adults and $6.00 each for children, ages 3 to 12 years old. Buttons can also be purchased at Sandwich Town Hall on Saturday beginning at 3:00 pm. See More.
British Beer Company
The British Beer Company and the Seaside Inn in Falmouth have joined together to offer you a great package for New Year’s Eve. You can book a room for one night with late checkout at the Seaside, a three-course dinner and a champagne toast at the BBC at Midnight for $99.00 per person. The band Glasstown will be there to entertain you for the night also from 10:00 pm to closing. If you don’t need to book a room, you can still enjoy the dinner, band, and champagne for $49.00 per person. Call the pub for more information! 508-540-9600. See More.
The Sea Crest Beach Hotel in North Falmouth is throwing a party that includes a dinner buffet, dancing, and a champagne toast at midnight for $130.00 per person. The dance party features disco tribute band The Motor Booty Affair. The buffet is open from 7:00 to 10:00 pm. Highlights from the buffet include Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, a Charcuterie Board, Hummus, Individual Seafood Ceviche, Tuna Sashimi Boats, Lobster Bisque, Crispy Long Island Duck Confit, Prosciutto Wrapped Free Range Chicken, Spicy Coconut Shrimp, Tarragon Grilled East Coast Swordfish, Thyme-Shallot Rubbed Petite Filet Mignon, and a Chef’s Grand Dessert Display. Tickets are available, but the hotel packages are sold out. Call 508-356-2111 for reservations. Buy Tickets.
Pilot House Restaurant
The Pilot House in Sandwich will be serving their regular menu a la carte and some festive holiday specials. There will be live music featuring Heather Twiss and the After Hours Band, dancing, and a champagne toast at midnight. Call 508 888-8889 for reservations. See More.
Mid Cape Cod New Year’s Eve: Dinners, Dances & More
Barnstable Restaurant & Tavern
Barnstable Restaurant and Tavern: Barnstable will be open at 4:00 pm on New Year’s Eve. They will be serving their regular menu and their three-course special menu. For reservations, call 508-362-2355. They will be open until 10:00 pm. See More.
The Cape Codder Resort in Hyannis is offering a dinner, dancing and lodging package for New Year’s Eve for $239.00 per person. The night begins with an Hors d’oeuvres reception at 8:30. The Dinner and Dessert Buffet includes items like a Nut Crusted Baked Brie with Port Fig Jam, Antipasto, Scallops wrapped in Bacon, Bruschetta, Caesar Salad, Mushroom Ravioli, Seared Salmon with Fresh Dill Butter, Stuffed Haddock with Lobster Sauce, Roast Beef with Bordelaise and Horseradish, Carved Ham, Cakes, Tortes and more. Dinner begins at 9:30. After dinner, you can dance to the sounds of Classic Rock n Roll with the Moonlighters. The package includes a champagne toast at midnight. After a full night of celebrating, you can stroll over to your room at the resort. You can also book the dinner alone for $109.00 per person. See More. Call 855-861-4370 for reservations.
The Red Pheasant in Dennis will be open and will be serving two seatings, an early one from 5:00 to 6:00 pm and a later seating that starts at 8:00 pm. Both dinners feature their four-course prix fixe menu. The second seating will feature live music by Robert Chandler with Blues Alley and Daddy-O. Join the Pheasant for dinner and dancing in Dennis. Prices are not shown on the site for the dinners. Call 508-385-2133 for reservations. See More.
Lower Cape Cod New Year’s Eve: Dinners, Dances & More
Brewster Fish House
The Brewster Fish House is celebrating the New Year with a special three-course gourmet dinner. Highlights from the menu include a Kampachi Tartare with Belgian Ossetra Caviar Amuse Bouche, a Nantucket Bay Scallop with Hudson Valley Foie Gras, Gnocchi, and Persimmon, and a Wild Scottish Venison Loin with Jerusalem Artichoke, Black Trumpet Mushroom, and Seckel Pear. For dessert, there’s a Dark Chocolate Tart or a Guava-Passionfruit Compote with Pineapple, Surry Farm Honey, Hazelnut and Brown Butter Ice Cream. The dinner is available for $95.00 per person. For reservations, call 508-896-7867. See More. See More.
The Bramble Inn in Brewster is offering a three-course dinner on New Year’s Eve for $110.00 per person. The first course includes your choice of appetizers like a Baked Brie Enfant with petite puff pastry encased brie mouse, warm plum soup and baguette slices for dipping and a Caesar Bouquet with Romaine wrapped with a Euro Cucumber Belt, Ruth’s Caesar Dressing, Imported Marinated White Anchovies, Pecorino Romano Cheese and Brioche Crumbles. Entree choices include a Slow Roasted Long Island Duckling with Grilled Brandied Peach, Hoisin Peach Lacquer, Cranberry-Peach Chutney, Brown & Wild Rice Pilaf and Braised Red Cabbage and a Chatham Cod with Fingerling Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus, Champagne Beurre Blanc, Hackleback Caviar, Diced Egg and Bermuda Onion. See the full Bramble Inn New Years Eve Menu and find out more about the inn here.
The Ocean Edge Resort in Brewster will be hosting a New Year’s Eve Dinner with seatings at 6:00 and 8:00 pm. The four-course dinner is priced at $50.00 per person and features items like Lobster Ravioli, a Wild Mushroom Tart, a Slow Grilled NY Sirloin with Foie Gras Butter, Roasted Garlic Puree, Crispy Brussels Sprouts and Red Onion Jam, a Seafood Paella with Saffron Risotto, Jumbo Shrimp, Cape Mussels and Littleneck Clams in a Chorizo Broth. For dessert, there’s a 38 Second Chocolate Cake with Gelato, Cookie Crumble, and Champagne Zabaglione. Call 508-896-9000 for reservations. See More.
First Night Chatham
First Night Chatham is celebrating their twenty-sixth year on December 31, 2016. The fun begins at noon and continues till dusk when the fireworks go off at Veterans Field. The event celebrates the arts and culture of the region and takes place at locations all over town. Early highlights of the festivities include an annual town photo that is taken at the Chatham Lighthouse, a bubble wrap stomp, a Carnival Caper costumed road race, a concert with the Cape Cod Jazz Quartet at the Orpheum Theater, miniature golf at the Community Center Gym, Bradley James at the Congregational Church, Keltic Kids at St. Christopher’s Chapel, Cirque du Jour at the Middle School Large Gym, Chinese Folk Dancers at the Middle School Auditorium, Ryder Martin’s Fabulous Trains at Atwood House Museum, and Horse Drawn Wagon Rides at Town Hall. Later in the day there is a Noise Parade, early low level fireworks at Veteran’s field for children that can’t wait till midnight, and finally the Countdown Cod and fireworks on Oyster Pond at midnight.
First Night Chatham Buttons are available for $20.00 each. Children’s buttons are available for $5.00 each for children between the ages of 3 to 11 years old. See More.
Outer Cape Cod New Year’s Eve: Dinners, Dances & More
First Light Provincetown
First Light in Provincetown is a five-day celebration that includes a polar bear plunge, a winter farmers market, dances, brunches, ice skating, a Sound of Music Sing-Along and fireworks on Sunday, January 1, 2017.
Here’s a quick rundown of the highlights of the events for each day of the festival.
- Thursday, December 29, 2016 Lunch and dinner at many local restaurants, live entertainment at Tin Pan Alley, Cabaret at Provincetown Theater, and Karaoke at Club Purgatory
- Friday, December 30, 2016 Holiday Breakfasts, brunches, lunches and dinners at local restaurants, Family Pizza Night at the library, Edenville in concert at the Sage Inn, The Sound of Music Sing-a-Long with the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence at Town Hall, Cabaret at Provincetown Theater, live music at Tin Pan Alley and Crown & Anchor, holiday dances, and a Holiday Market at the Canteen with Hanukkah food and festivities, vendors, artisans and more
- Saturday, December 31, 2016 early: Holiday Breakfasts, brunches, lunches and dinners at local restaurants, Provincetown Farmers Market at Town Hall, The Holiday Market at Canteen with local vendors, artisans, performers, grilled sausages, hot soups, soft pretzels and more, New Year’s Drag Bingo at the Crown & Anchor, Wicked Wonderland at the Art House, a Light Bright Bike Ride at Town Hall (decorated bicycles in a parade competing for prizes), Special New Year’s Eve Dinners at Tin Pan Alley, Jimmy’s Hideaway, Mac’s Fish House, Central House, and Spindler’s.
- Saturday, December 31, 2016 – PTown New Year’s Eve Dances There will be special dances and celebrations all over town. Strangers and Saints throws a party with dance music, cocktails, light snacks, party favors, a champagne toast and a brunch buffet at midnight. Jim Brousseau plays piano at Tin Pan Alley. VJ Tom Yaz plays the best videos, Bobby Weatherbee plays piano and DJ Chris Racine plays the latest dance hits at the Crown & Anchor. DJ Beth O plays at Sage Inn. DJ Dave plays at Club Purgatory. And finally there’s a New Year’s Eve Party with DJ David LaSalle, Thirsty Burlington, hats, noisemakers and a champagne toast for a $10.00 cover charge at A-House.
- Sunday, January 1, 2017 Holiday Breakfasts, brunches, lunches and dinners at local restaurants, Provincetown Farmers Market at Town Hall, The Holiday Market at Canteen with local vendors, artisans, performers, grilled sausages, hot soups, soft pretzels and more, Family Picnic Lunch at the library, a film screening of “All We Had” at Water’s Edge Cinema, Art opening at Rosewind Gallery at Sage Inn, a Polar Bear Plunge with cocktails, chili, hot chocolate and coffee at the beach at Johnson Street, Wicked Winter Wonderland at Provincetown Art House, Fireworks Cocktail Parties at Crown & Anchor and Spindler’s, and Provincetown’s First Light Fireworks at MacMillian Pier at dusk (approximately between 5:00 and 6:00 pm)
- Sunday, January 1, 2017 – After the Fireworks Cocktails, buffets and dinner at local restaurants and bars, Rat Pack Gala at Provincetown Theater, John Thomas & Paul Bisaccia Piano Concert at UU Meeting House, Zoe Lewis on piano at Tin Pan Alley, dancing at A-House and Suede’s Annual New Year’s Concert at Crown & Anchor.
- Monday, January 2, 2017 Holiday Breakfasts, brunches, lunches and dinners at local restaurants, The Holiday Market at Canteen with local vendors, artisans, performers, grilled sausages, hot soups, soft pretzels and more. The final event of the festival is the Tin Pan Alley Closing Party with live entertainment.
For more information on the events, see the Provincetown Business Guild Site.
Other Cape Cod New Year’s Eve Celebrations and Dinners
- Hearth Happiness – Hearth and Kettle: See More.
- Dinner with Daniel – Daniel Webster: See More.
- Champagne Cussing – Mooncussers: See More.
- Champagne by the Bay – Bayside Resort: See More.
Hero Feature Image is Copyright: pressmaster / 123RF Stock Photo
Quick’s Hole Photo, from restaurant’s Facebook page.