Fri, May 24, 2019 - Sun, May 26, 2019, 9:00 am - 11:00 pm
Hyannis Yacht Club
490 Ocean Club Hyannis, MA, 02601
Longitude X Latitude: -70.278144, 41.639334
Figawi is coming! (But what is it?) Figawi is a competitive regatta that runs from Hyannis to Nantucket on Memorial Day Weekend. It is also one of the largest charity events in the area. This year it opens on Friday, May 24 and runs through Monday, May 27, 2019.
It all begins with the Kickoff Party at the Hyannis Yacht Club on Friday at 3 p.m. The event features entertainment, a cash bar, a buffet, the Figawi store with exclusive Figawi merchandise for sale, and registration for the regatta. The kickoff party is open to competitors, friends, family, and Figawi fans.
On Saturday the main event begins at 9:55 am with the Warning Signal at Nantucket Sound. Most of the vessels arrive in Nantucket later that afternoon. The Post Race party begins at 7:00 pm and continues until 11:00 pm at the Main Figawi Tent. The festivities continue on Sunday. The Band of Angels host the Joke Session at 9:00 am and it goes on until 11:00 am. The Post Race party starts at 1:00 pm and continues till 3:30 pm. Prizes are awarded at 5:00 pm and the Wrap Up Party goes from 7:00 until 11:00 pm.
Here are some of the important dates, rules and regulations and entry details for the race. For updates on the event and for more details see the Figawi Website.
- The Race will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS).
- Boats may be required to display advertising chosen and supplied by the organizing authority.
- Figawi Race is open to PHRF monohull boats with a minimum LOA of 24 feet (no exceptions) and MUST have a 2019 PHRF NE rating certificate that indicates a racing handicap of 210 or less to compete in a spinnaker class and a PHRF NE cruising handicap of 225 or less to compete in a nonspinnaker class.
- Eligible boats must conform with Offshore Racing Council (ORC) Special Regulations Governing Minimum Equipment and Accommodations Standards
- The Figawi Race Committee reserves the right to consider the seaworthiness of any eligible boat and, without prejudice, refuse entry of any boat that it deems unsuitable for the conditions of the race and also limit the total number of entries accepted.
- Eligible boats must complete and submit the online entry form available at www.figawi.com together with all applicable fees, and ensure they are listed on the PHRF NE 2019 VALID LIST found here: www.phrfne.org/page/handicapping/valid_list
- A multihull class using PHRF or class rules will be provided if there is sufficient interest. A
minimum of three boats is needed to provide a start.
Important Figawi dates:
- Standard entry fee January until May 1 @ 2400
- Late entry fee On and after May 2
- No refunds issued On and after May 2
- Final deadline for entry May 15 @ 2400
- Final deadline to change class (spin/nonspin), and provide 2019 PHRF NE rating May 18 @ 2400
We try to be as accurate as possible with our listings. We recommend that you check the event's website, organizer or the event venue before you plan your trip. Sometimes the dates or the times are incorrect and at other times, the event might be canceled because of bad weather or other circumstances. Please let us know if you find a mistake in our Massachusetts events listings. Contact us and let us know how we're doing.