Tue, Jul 4, 2017, 7:45 am - 10:45 pm
Lincoln Town Office
16 Lincoln Rd Lincoln, MA, 01773
Longitude X Latitude: -71.30699600000003, 42.4239866
HOW MUCH: Free
Lincoln celebrates Independence Day with a very long day of festivities on Tuesday, July 4, 2017. The events start early in the morning and run until the after the finale of the fireworks late Tuesday night.
The full schedule for the Fourth of July in Lincoln:
- 7:45-8:15 am: Firecracker Run registration, Town Offices on Lincoln Road
- 8:30 am: Firecracker Run, musket fires to start, Town Offices
- 10:00 am: Children’s Bike Parade, Lincoln Road & Upland Field Road
- 10:30 am: Reading of the Declaration of Independence, Town Offices
- 10:40 am: Parade with Grand Marshall, Lincoln Road from Ballfield Road to Library
- 11:30 am-1:00 pm: Boy Scout Cookout: Pierce House on Weston Road
- 12-7:00 pm: Town-wide Swim, Codman Pool
- 1-3:00 pm: Pick up Soccer, all ages & abilities, Brooks Field
- 7-9:15 pm: Concert & BBQ: Barbecue, ice cream and music, Codman Pool
- 9:15 pm: Fireworks
The Firecracker Run is a 2.5 to 4 mile scenic run through Lincoln. Registration is $10-15.00 and that includes a T-shirt. Lincoln Road will be closed during the race from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. Parade floats will be able to get through.
If you are participating in the parade, you will need to be at Lincoln Schools by 9:45, Monday morning.
For the concert, BBQ and fireworks, there will be parking available at the Ballfield Road Campus for $20.00 per car. The barbecue will start at 7:30 pm and music at 7:30 pm. The band Soulidarity plays classic rock, pop, blues and funk.
The concert and the fireworks will go on in the case of light rain. If the rain is heavy, they will be postponed until July 5.
For more information, see the rec department site.
We try to be as accurate as possible with our listings. We recommend that you check the event's website, organizer or the event venue before you plan your trip. Sometimes the dates or the times are incorrect and at other times, the event might be canceled because of bad weather or other circumstances. Please let us know if you find a mistake in our Massachusetts events listings. Contact us and let us know how we're doing.