Yes, Cape Cod has its share of beautiful historic lighthouses, like Nobska that is shown above, but they represent a small share of the incredibly strange and wonderful structures that dot the globe. Here’s our tribute to lighthouses of the world.
View the story “Great Lighthouses of the World Mashup”
Featured lighthouses in the story above:
- Cape Hatteras Lighthouse in Buxton, North Carolina
- Harry T’s Lighthouse at Emerald Grande Resort in Destin, Florida
- Smeaton’s Tower Lighthouse 0n Plymouth Hoe in Plymouth, Devon, England
- Portland Bill Lighthouse on the Isle of Portland, Dorset, England
- Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse, Augusta, Washington
- Virtual Spiral Lighthouse, Creator & Origin Unknown from Photopostsblog.com
- Avery Point Lighthouse in Groton, Connecticut
- Cape Byron Lighthouse in Cape Byron, New South Wales, Australia
- Virtual Lighthouse from Lisa Lowan on Flickr
- Point Atkinson Lighthouse in West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- La Jument in Northwest France, Brittany (photo & gif by Jean Guichard)
- Cape Agulhas Lighthouse in L’Agulhas, South Africa
Here is a tribute to some of our favorites that we have photographed through the years. Represented here are these lighthouses: Nauset Lighthouse in Eastham, Chatham Lighthouse in Chatham, and Nobska at Sundown in Woods Hole, Massachusetts. We’ve also included Hereford in North Wildwood, Sandy Hook Lighthouse at Sandy Hook, Twin Lights in Highlands, Barnegat Lighthouse on Long Beach Island, Cape May Lighthouse, Sea Girt Lighthouse, and the Absecon Lighthouse in Atlantic City.