Braintree celebrates the fourth early on Saturday, June 30. The community has scheduled an entire day chocked full of events for the entire family. Events include a parade, games and carnival rides, a Food Truck Festival, a salute to veterans, raffle drawings, and a long list of performers that start about 2:00 pm and keep going till the fireworks start at 10:00 pm.
Braintree brags that their fireworks display is the biggest and best display south of Boston.
There is a salute to soldiers at 9:30 pm and the fireworks are slated to start at 10:00 pm. The rain date for the fireworks is July 2.
In 2017, this was the entertainment schedule:
- 2:00 pm Event Begins: DJ Ed Kelley MCing the Event’s Activities
- 2-5:00 pm: Pony Rides by Barrett’s Horse Drawn Services & Home Run Derby by Life Community Church
- 2-6:00 pm: Animal Craze Petting Zoo, Fun Faces with a Twist Face painting, All Hands Drumming Interactive Drum Circle, Tarot Card and Palm Readings, Macaroni Kid South Shore Boston and The Kindness Rocks Project, Roaming Raceway & Railroad
- 2-8:00 pm: Fun Zone by Dave & Buster’s, Busy Bee Jumpers Slip & Slides, Inflatable Obstacle Courses, Dunk Tank
- 2-10:00 pm: Temporary Tattoos, Balloon Art, Do It Yourself Classic Crafts, Face Gems and Hair Feathers, Braintree Day T-Shirt Sales, Boston Circus Guild Stilt Walkers and Jugglers
- 3:30-5:00 pm: Aldous Collins Band
- 5-5:30 pm: Official Welcome from Braintree Mayor Sullivan
- 6-7:30 pm: The Eagles Experience
- 8-9:30 pm: Kristen Merlin *Official Page* / Kristen Merlin @ Braintree Day 2017
- 10:00 pm: Fireworks Extravaganza
For more information and updates on the Braintree fireworks, see the town’s beautiful event website.